Kimochis®: Integral to a child’s therapy
The Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs’ (FaHCSIA) approved Panel Providers are responsible for making a professional assessment as to whether Kimochis® are integral to the child’s therapy.
A number of panel providers have assessed Kimochis® as relevant and beneficial to a child’s therapy with regards to:
- Behavioural Interventions – application of learning theory and skill development;
- Developmental and social learning interventions – building relationships and development of social emotional capacities;
- Therapy based interventions – communication and social development or sensory motor development; and
- Family based interventions – working with families to develop skills in working with their children.
About the package:
- To be eligible for the Early Intervention funding package a child must have been seen by an Autism Advisor and deemed eligible to access the program before their sixth birthday. The $12,000 in funding under the Early Intervention component can be used until the child’s seventh birthday to a maximum of $6,000 per financial year.
- Up to 35 per cent of a child’s Early Intervention funding may be used to purchase resources, to a maximum of $2,100 per financial year, or $4,200 in total. Resources must have been assessed by an Early Intervention Panel Provider as being integral to the child’s therapy.
- Resources that can be purchased with early intervention funding. The resource must support the child’s Individual Service Plan.
- Both the family and the Panel Provider must sign a Client Consent Form prior to the purchase of Kimochis® as a resource. A resource can be purchased by the Panel Provider who is delivering early intervention to the child, or by the child’s family. If the purchase is made by the family, a receipt of that purchase must be provided to the Panel Provider. The Panel Provider must reimburse the family. If the purchase is made by a Panel Provider, the family must sign a Service Delivery Record on receipt of the resource.
For more information about Kimochis® visit the ACER Online Shop.
For more information about the Early Intervention funding package visit FaHCSIA’s website.