Quirky Kid Workshops: Therapeutic Resources for Children & Families
This practical workshop draws on the new range of resources by the Quirky Kid Clinic designed for use with children, adolescents and families at home, school and in the clinic setting.
Designed for developmental psychologists, educators, social workers and human resources professionals, this workshop includes clinical case examples to illustrate how to use therapeutic resources to address a broad range of issues.
Presented by author, illustrator and developmental psychologist, Kimberley O’Brien, this workshop includes examples of visual recording techniques and resource applications to engage individuals, siblings, students and families.
Practitioners will learn how to maintain the client’s interest while also addressing the therapeutic issues in this fun, fast-paced program.
The workshop will also include:
- Information from resource manuals outlining applications for classrooms, clinics and residential settings with children and families.
- Opportunities for participants to use the resources and practice techniques.
- Resource suggestions to engage children diagnosed with an ASD.
- Resource suggestions to engage resistant children, adolescents and family members.
- Visual recording methods using the Quirky Kid resources.
Perth | Wednesday, 23 May 2012 | 7/1329 Hay Street, West Perth | 9.15am – 3.00pm *5 places left
Cost: $120 (inc GST)
Limited places available. Book now!
Call (02) 9362 92927 or visit www.QuirkyKid.com.au/workshops
To view a list of Quirky Kid Clinic resources, visit the ACER Online Shop.